Thursday, March 1, 2012

Comet Garradd and Other Targets 2012-03-02



I got up at 4 in the morning to try imaging comet Garradd. It took me around 5 minutes to setup and find the comet which is currently near the little dipper between Draco and Ursa minor. My preparation the previous night was basically to look at the location chart and find some pointers. I also tried to process some of my moon shots and the Leo Triplet taken a night before. The following are the images taken a night earlier.


Crater Albategnius

 Hyginus crater and rille

Leo Triplet - 3 relatively bright galaxies in one frame


Here are some images of comet Garradd.



When I was done imaging a series of comet shots, I looked around to find another target and the first I found was M13, the great globular cluster in Hercules. At that time, Scorpius was already getting higher. Near the galactic core between Scorpius and Sagittarius lies numerous deep sky wonders like nebulae, star clusters and star cloud so basically the sky was open for me. ;) However after imaging the Hercules cluster, the sky started to brighten and I ended my imaging session in order to process them.

M13, a globular cluster in Hercules

No comments:

Post a Comment